WHY CAN I NOT REMEMBER TO TAKE PICTURES!!
We just got back from a wonderful trip to Utah where we were surrounded by people who love us and were excited to see us. Who doesn't love that? I kept saying to people don't let me forget to take pictures. The kids wanted to play a little football after Thanksgiving dinner and I even had Caden run out and get my camera from the car. I placed it in my lap and there it stayed as if it were an accessory. The next day we made the dough for the doughnuts. Jesse (Rachel's little guy) helped with every step. Picture NO!! I did manage to capture the completed doughnuts. We ended up making 17+ dozen. When I knew we were going to Utah, I begged my mom to make doughnuts. That is such a warm family memory that I have and I haven't had them since I left home. They didn't disappoint. It was so fun making them with Nichole and Mom. Poor mom had the unfortunate job of frying them off and her eyes were stinging and watering. She did almost fire me from rolling them out. I was apparently a little too liberal with the flour. The picture of Dean is of our arm wrestling competitions. Such laughs. I did take pictures of pie too. Amazingly I didn't gain any weight and actually lost a pound. I guess a diet of doughnuts, pie and icecream pays off. The girls and boys went skiing with Rick on Friday along with Rick's sister and her two little boys. Saturday only Lexi and cousin Ethan went. We then were able to hang out at Melinda's and watch BYU beat Utah!! Sunday we had sacrament with my parents in the care center home they are over. It was a wonderful meeting. Except for having to get up at 3 am to meet our plane going and coming, it was perfect. Thankful thanksgiving thats for sure!! My mom and dad made gingerbread guys for our kids several years ago but I had lost two of mine. They made us all a new set this year and Rick and I even got one. We have them sticking out of our stockings until Santa fills them. I love them.


Comments