New Years Eve!! A time to reflect and think of about what I want to accomplish this upcoming year. This year I want to be in the best shape of my life both physically and spiritually. I was reading this morning from the conference report and was reading Elder Uchtdorf's talk "The Love of God". There was a phrase in there that spoke to me. "For what we love determines what we seek. What we seek determines what we think and do. What we think and do determines who we are--and who we will become." If I truly want to be a disciple of Christ, I will seek him and that requires effort on my part. If I want to be a runner, then I run. As I was running this morning for the first time in a long time, I reflected back to when I was running 5 miles without too much effort. I didn't get there without daily effort and time. Then this morning it was difficult to run one mile. Very similar to my testimony, without daily effort it does not stay strong. Just like my running regressed so will my spiritual strength without the daily effort. So do I really love my Savior enough to seek him and become like him, or do I just like the sound of that. I need to put my money where my mouth is so to speak. I also loved Uchtdorf's counsel on not giving up. The first step is to try. "Try and keep on trying until that which seems difficult becomes possible--and that which seems only possible becomes habit and a real part of you." This counsel applies to both of my goals. Rick wants us to run a half marathon together and that does seem very difficult and changing my natural man to become a true disciple of Christ seems difficult but both things are very possible!!
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Popular Posts
Birthday Celebration 55!
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps


Comments