Lessons from nine year olds
I have been filling in for Blake and Caden's class for the last few weeks. Yesterday we were talking about the five points of a testimony. One of which -do they believe that Christ is their Savior and Heavenly Fathers son. I talked about the atonement and mentioned that if they want their sins forgiven, they need to forgive others. I said if your friend or family member does something to you and you retaliate or hold a grudge then you are not accepting the atonement fully because Christ paid the price for their sins too. So on the way home, I hear a scuffle in the back seat. Blake hollers out Caden just hit me, Caden said he hit me first. Blake said I was just letting him practice the atonement and he failed!! Well at least he listened. I had to explain that you don't try and cause people to do something bad. Then I learned that you cannot say burning in your bosom to a group of nine year old boys. GEEZ !


Comments