Happy Anniversary to Me!!
Photos from our 15th anniversary in Hawaii, and then today as we celebrated our 16th here in the great state of Texas. We were planning on going to the Dallas Temple, but the weather in Texas has been unpredictable. Our goals of going to the temple once a month are not panning out to well. I know we just need to set the date and go regardless!! 
Rick and I have been married for sixteen years. I am currently giving myself a pat on the back! I must admit that I have not been a delight this week. I have been a little morose, blue, melancholy, trolly (Rick's personal take on my current state of being). I have ignored my "You can be happy if you've a mind to" this week, but no longer. Today I am going back to my usual charming self, the one my husband is happy to be married to!! I love anniversaries--they give me a chance to reflect and realize how unbelievable my life has been so far. I have a great husband who I will just say worships me. (he will agree) He makes me feel really good about myself even when I have an extra 20 pounds. He is such a hard worker, I would really hate to be married to someone who is lazy! Marriage is such a huge decision and we often make it when we are so young and immature. I really didn't know exactly what kind of guy I was getting when I married Rick, but I am happy to say that my reality is even better than what I imagined. Corny huh but true!
Texas has had some pretty severe, scary weather this week. Salado was hit really hard and a tornado (F1) went through. So many beautiful trees were uprooted and the high school sustained damage. The roads around the schools were impassable so our kids had a free day. Last night we were in the path again, so at 9:11 we were supposed to go to our safe zone. The kids and I were in the laundry room on bean bags. I don't like looking at my kids and thinking that something bad could happen. I just kept thinking about the tragedies in Mynamar and
China and how devastating it is for families.
Some areas had grapefruit size hail, but we just had a very severe thunderstorm and rain. My girls were laughing at me because we were sitting in front of the TV watching the warnings and a huge clap of thunder sounded and I flew off the couch and ran. Apparently that kind of behavior doesn't instill confidence in my ability to protect them.
I did get to run this morning! It felt good and it was nice and cool after all the rain. Running definitely helps me get in a better mood!!
Texas has had some pretty severe, scary weather this week. Salado was hit really hard and a tornado (F1) went through. So many beautiful trees were uprooted and the high school sustained damage. The roads around the schools were impassable so our kids had a free day. Last night we were in the path again, so at 9:11 we were supposed to go to our safe zone. The kids and I were in the laundry room on bean bags. I don't like looking at my kids and thinking that something bad could happen. I just kept thinking about the tragedies in Mynamar and
China and how devastating it is for families.
Some areas had grapefruit size hail, but we just had a very severe thunderstorm and rain. My girls were laughing at me because we were sitting in front of the TV watching the warnings and a huge clap of thunder sounded and I flew off the couch and ran. Apparently that kind of behavior doesn't instill confidence in my ability to protect them.
I did get to run this morning! It felt good and it was nice and cool after all the rain. Running definitely helps me get in a better mood!!


Comments