34 years together!

Starting our 11 hour drive to Nashville

Spent the 1st night on the border of Texas and Arkansas 

The drive reminded me of Maine where the trees lined the road and you could not see the other side!

Made it to Nashville and tried some donuts from the five daughters baker.  Ginger raved about them but they were way too sweet for me!



had lunch at the acme feed store and live music was playing everywhere 


Loved the old churches and buildings mixed in

Teased Rick with his high socks and sneakers.  Told him he was dressing every bit the 56 year old!

I always try and get a crepe on every vacation and we found this yummy place.  Rick's choice was a bit tastier than mine.


Drove to this cute town Franklin which had a lot of civil war history and really cute town square and shops.


 We had such a good time seeing part of the country we had never seen before.  The night life of Nashville was not really our scene.  Lots of denim and boots and the girls were barely wearing any denim at that. Lots of what looked like bachelorette parties going on.  A group of girls, one dressed in white and the others matching each other were everywhere.  Lots of party buses going by.  Every restaurant/bar had a live band inside playing so you could just walk around and hear music. 

I cannot believe we have been married for 34 years.  I have officially been with Rick 14 more years than without him.  We have done life together and as I reflect on that I couldn't imagine it without him. He has given me a beautiful life and made me so happy and hopefully I have done that for him.  Here is to the next 34!


Caden held down the fort and spoiled the dogs by taking them on long walks every day.  They were super excited to see us although we have yet to see Gracie.  She hides out often!



Comments

bethouhumble said…
Such a fun trip! I think we know what we are doing for our 35th but not for our 34th!

Popular Posts