Stake Conference Weekend
![]() |
| Thankfully my eye had gone done significantly by the time I had to leave |
This weekend was stake conference. I had to attend training at 4:00-5:30 and then met up with Rick at 7 for the adult session. It was really good an uplifting. We got an ice cream on the way home for our date night. During the night my eye was really itching and bugging me and I rubbed it a lot. I woke up and my eye felt really weird. I had a PTSD moment of my Bells' palsy and I knew that when I looked in the mirror I would see something off. My eyelid was all puffy and swollen and only half my eye was showing. I looked like Quasimoto. Rick had me take a benydyrl and he said getting up would also help the swelling go down. Rick had to work so I got ready and it went down almost the whole way before church. It bothered me a bit during church but not too bad. The speakers were amazing. Darren Hyatt is the 1st counselor in the stake and he was diagnosed last November with stage 4 pancreatic cancer. My understanding is that there is no cure for that and they just give you treatments to prolong your life a couple years. He is a shell and so sick looking but man is he all in. He gave a powerful talk on the Saviors experience in Getheseme and tied it into his experiences this last year. He said he had prayed that the Lord would help him feel good enough to be able to study his scriptures everyday and also to make it to the temple once a month. He has had those prayers answered. He has been able to continue in his calling with the help of the other members of the presidency. He did not want to be released. I am amazed at his strength and his grit. He said that he has felt yoked to the Savior and that the Savior has been doing all the hard work and all he could do was to hang on. It was just a powerful testimony of someone who is all in. President Lefeber reminded us of the need for daily touchpoints with the Savior, and we will not survive if we save it all for Sunday. He shared a story about his musical endeavors of when he would only practice one day for his lessons instead of a little bit everyday. Needless to say he did not progress at all. I am grateful to these men and the time they put in to magnify their callings. It really is inspiring!




Comments