I have Worth!


 In Come Follow Me we read the verse in D & C 18:10 about the worth of souls is great in the sight of God.  Brother Hilton mentioned that the old Scripture mastery was 18:10 and then jumped to 16 and 17 about the joy of bringing one soul unto him. He said they later hooked 10 and 11 together which originally had been one verse.  11 is crucial to our understanding of our worth to our Heavenly Father.  It reads, For Behold, the Lord your Redeemer suffered death in the flesh wherefore he suffered the pain of all men, that all men might repent and come unto him.

There is the evidence of my worth and every other soul that has ever lived.  He died for me and for all of us.  

Cecil Newell said/ "When people look to the cross of Calvary where Jesus died for the salvation of mankind, they learn the true worth of a human soul.  They see what God was willing to pay for them and realize that their lives must be of immense value.  Anyone who looks to that cross and says, "He loved me and gave Himself for me," can never again doubt the supreme worth and importance of his life. 

So to sum up those verses, Every soul is precious to God.  I am of such worth that Jesus died so that I could repent and come to him.  Think of the price he paid for my soul, and for everyone elses.  That is the joy the gospel brings.  The knowledge that this is true and it just overwhelms me with gratitude that someone as insignificant as I feel sometimes, have immense value to one who created worlds.  

I am excited that the church is challenging us to focus on the Savior this Easter season.  I got an advent Easter calendar that starts March 28.  Each day will focus on a name of Jesus and a thought.  I will also get a daily devotional sent to my email.  I hope that doing these couple things will help me focus on Him more and really the great gift the resurrection is for us.  I think as we lose those we love that are close to us like dad and Dave, the resurrection takes on new meaning at least for me.  It becomes something I look forward to in reality and not just an abstract idea.  


Comments

bethouhumble said…
Yes you do! It's so good to remember that!

Popular Posts