Bishops storehouse



 Ginger sent me a text yesterday to see if I would go with her to the bishops storehouse today since no one in her ward had  signed up but her. I went with my ward a few weeks ago and I  enjoy going. It's always a reminder to me to not take my blessings for granted. I met her at 8:15 and we headed down for the prayer meeting. It was super busy from nine till about 12 and then it slowed down for our last hour.  I am sure with the cost of food and just life being so much more expensive, this is such a gift to these families. A lot of the families we helped had 6 to 9 members in the  family.  I always think of the line from Elder Holland's  talk where he said "I may not be my brother's keeper, but I am my brother's brother and because I have been given much I too must give! ". It was a wonderful way to start off my Saturday!

Comments

bethouhumble said…
Looking good you two! Love that you got to do this! Always helps you to keep perspective! Our CFM this week reminds of a blessing of having less--more humility!

Popular Posts