Grey's Party and a Sad Day (1-15)









 Got home from Ellie's Sunday night and then Monday I got up early to make cupcakes for Grey's bday celebration.  I did the wordle a little bit late and I realized that we hadn't heard from Dave so I texted, Dave must be sleeping in on his day off (Martin Luther Day) but then I realized that we had not heard from him the day before and Dave always does the wordle and does the weekly recap.  I then started to panic and Rachel and Dean looked back on their texts and the last we had heard from him was Saturday afternoon.  Rick had left to go pick up Grey, and I could not get a hold of him to help calm me down. I texted Ginger that I thought he had died and she was trying to give me other scenarios and so was Lexi but my body was having a reaction.  I was shaking and felt sick to my stomach and I just knew that he was gone.  Rachel met up with Dean but they did not have a key so they called mom to meet them there.  David keeps his house shut up with all the blinds closed so they could not look in.  They called his phone again and again and banged on the door.  When the cops came they were able to lift up his garage enough to see that his car was there.  They knew that he was in there.  Rachel threw a huge rock through his window and Dean was able to remove the stick blocking it and open it up and crawl in.  Rachel just heard Dean cry out "Dave" and "NO".  and she knew.  Dave was lying face down on his living room floor with an apparent heart attack.  It looks like he died before he even hit the ground because he did not try and break his fall and his hands were under his chest.  He didn't even turn his head so we were so grateful that he did not suffer.  We were all in shock.  Poor Ellie was driving back from the airport with Annaka and had to pull over and Tyson and Calla came to drive her home.  Tyson wasn't much better but they made it home safely.  We all got tickets to head to Utah.  I had invited Ginger that morning for soup before I knew and of course Grey was on his way.  He walked in and I was trying not to be too sad since we had the house decorated for him.  He gave me big hugs and before too long Ginger and Paul pull up.  They just cried with me and let me talk and be sad.  They ate soup and cupcakes and Grey opened his presents.  Ginger got a ticket to fly with me since Rick had to work and would fly out Friday.  It was so nice to have her fly with me and just talk the entire trip.  

Comments

Popular Posts