New Calling (Again) & a tender mercy

Rick and I don't often get to drive together to church but we did today. I told him to not forget me!  He got out before I did, and sent me this text!  Made me smile 


 I have bounced around since being in this ward.  We have only lived here for just over a year!  I was a ward missionary, then a young women advisor and then Sunday the bishop called me at moms and asked if I would be the YW 2nd counselor.  I don't know how our why I keep being called to YW's but it seems I have lessons to learn.  I actually felt the spirit confirm it while he was asking me so I know that it will be a good thing.  I also asked him to recommend me to work in the temple.  Our temple is closed for a couple weeks for cleaning and then I think they will call me to set it up.  Not sure how exactly it all works but I am hoping to work two Fridays a month.  Then when our temple is open here (10 minutes away),  in a couple years I will be all set to transition and work more often.  My only concern is my back holding up.  The drive down and back is really hard on it and then standing for a four or six hour shift might be challenging but I am going to have Rick give me a blessing and trust it will all work out!

I was working with the older girls and now will be with the younger girls.  I adore the advisor for the younger girls.  She is my girls' age and a returned missionary with two little boys.  Then the 1st counselor is another young girl that just had her 2nd baby.  She spoke when I did a couple weeks ago and so solid. She represented new motherhood and me old!! :) The adviser is a lady from Brazil who spoke recently and also gave a prayer in sacrament, and I was like we need her in YW and so I am so excited to be working with these strong women who I know I can learn so much from even though I am still the old lady of the group!

My tender mercy moment:  It rained so much the other night and as I was bringing in the garbage can from the road there was this huge scorpion walking across the garage floor.  After I freaked out, I killed it. This is the first one I have seen at this house.  I then came in the house and was putting something away and as I walked down the hallway with the lights off I saw a black round thing along the baseboards.  I would normally have thought it was a leaf from the pups and bent down and picked it up.  But since I just had that experience in the garage with the scorpion that came to my mind.  I turned on the light and sure enough it was a scorpion.  I killed it and disposed of it.  Now would it have been game over it I had picked it up and gotten stung, no, but it would have hurt!  I love how our Heavenly Father provides such watch care over us in the big and little things. 



Comments

bethouhumble said…
I hate scorpions!! I have had many tender mercies with them! Congrats on your new calling. Sounds like you are with a great group of ladies to serve with. I've actually made it past 1 year in a calling this time!

Popular Posts