Anniversary and Temple Trip
Thursday night we did our traditional Trulucks celebration for Ginger and Paul's 26th anniversary. It was a good time as usual even though Paul is looking worn out. He is coming up on 2 years as bishop and I think he has done 8 funerals. He also is having a hard time getting ward support for young mens and so the weight of activities falls on him mostly. Hopefully he can find someone like Rick did. Rick had a late 20 year old approach him a couple years ago and asked to work in the young mens. He was a life saver to Rick and really has helped Rick make it these last two years. He was enthusiastic and always was ready to go on activities and Sunday lesson helps. I know that he was an answer to prayers and now just when Rick is about to get released, Abram is moving. It made me think of this week's Come Follow Me lesson where Moses was doing it all and his father in law gave him much needed counsel. You need help or you will burn out and Pablo is feeling that!
Our temple is closed for April and May for renovations and cleaning so Rick and I made the trip to the Dallas Temple today. It took us 2 1/2 hours to get there and 4 1/2 hours to get home. Traffic was a nightmare on the way back. It was so good to be in the temple though and not wear a mask. It just seemed so normal. We had a full session and that was so good to see too! I went through for Mary Miller. I have been able to have her baptisms done by our youth and then I did her initiatories and her endowment. Felt a connection to her as we have gone on this journey together.





Comments