Ward Christmas Party 2021
Tonight was our ward Christmas party. They had everything catered so it was weird walking in without any food. We usually have had the main part catered and then we provide the dessert but this year it was everything provided. We were asked to bring a nativity scene to decorate with. Rick was running around most of the night so I was by myself and sat with a couple different families and visited. Then during dinner little Jaxon Gneiting (5) sat across from me. Not sure why he didn't sit by his dad and siblings, but he was so charming and was my little date for the night. He was so sweet and shared his knife with me and told me about school and his life happenings. Then I had a lemon desert and he had a chocolate one. He cut it in four squares and I asked him after he took a bite what score he would give it out of 1-10. He said 9! I said wow that must be really good. He picked up one of his little squares and shared it with me. So sweet. His mom was not there, and so I texted her about how sweet he was and relayed some of our conversation. She said back, that is was so good to hear that type of thing after a hard day. So not sure what happened but I am trying harder to share my thoughts when I have a kind one with the person I had the thought about. Sunday I told Rick I was thinking about a couple people that we hadn't seen in a while and maybe he could send them a text that he was thinking of them. That meant so much to them and they both came to the Christmas party last night and plan on coming to church Sunday. Sometimes people just need to know that they are remembered, and it doesn't take very much of our time. So I am really going to try harder at reaching out. I guess a couple of the newer members wanted Rick to point me out to them because they didn't know who his wife was, but had heard good things. (thankfully).
We have a couple who I adore having marital difficulties and they both met with Rick separately yesterday. I really hope whatever is going on can be resolved. I love them both! Then we have some friends from our previous ward that went on a European cruise and stopped off at the Christmas villages like I wanted to do. They have been posting their journey and it has been so fun to watch. The day before they were coming home, Eric went down and they had to do CPR. He is hospitalized over there in Belgium and his wife can only go in for an hour in the afternoon and in hour in the evening. She is staying at the RS presidents house. So scary to have this happen, but to have it happen in a foreign country with no one that you know would be doubly so. I was so grateful for the church because she has a connection immediately and people reaching out to help her that did not even know her! Their children grew up with mine. Allen and Morgan even went on a few dates. They know it was something with his heart but she doesn't know the extent and if he will need surgery there or if they can make it home first.
These events have made me feel a little blue and I am praying for good outcomes for both of these situations. Rick had his MRI Thursday but has not gotten the report back yet. He meets with the oncologist on Tuesday so we will know how everything looks then for sure.




Comments