Character of Christ

 Today in sacrament meeting Bro Sigerson referenced a talk given by Elder Bednar.  I came home and found it and printed it out to study.  In the talk he quotes,   Elder Maxwell,  "There would have been no Atonement, except for the character of Christ."  After hearing that statement Elder Bednar studied in depth the character of Christ.    In his talk, Elder Bednar siad "Perhaps the greatest indicator of character is the capacity to recognize and appropriately respond to other people who are experiencing the very challenge or adversity that is most immediately and forcefully pressing upon us. Character is revealed, for example, in the power to discern the suffering of other people when we ourselves are suffering; in the ability to detect the hunger of others when we are hungry; and in the power to reach out and extend compassion for the spiritual agony of others when we are in the midst of our own spiritual distress.  Thus, character is demonstrated by looking and reaching outward when the natural and instinctive response is to be self-absorbed and turn inward..  If such a capacity is indeed the ultimate criterion of moral character then the Savior of the world is the perfect example of such a consistent and charitable character.  

The talk then goes on and demonstrates examples of how Christ's character is proven over and over.  I just loved reading this talk and it added to my worship today.  I loved going to church and having Caden sitting by me, I loved going to Relief Society and singing together Silent Night while Alysia played the guitar.  It made me think of Psalms "this is the day the Lord has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it!"

Max is in heaven having Caden home


I found these adorable wooden Christmas tree bowls to put my holiday treats in. 





Cute little gift, homemade caramel sauce.  I also saw how someone included an apple cutter too.  




Comments

bethouhumble said…
So glad Caden is home and I love what you were learning from your study. Today a billboard we saw coming home from the airport with Tyson surprised me. It said "Jesus suffered anxiety." Then at the bottom it said He gets us. It hit me funny at first but Tyson shared how Jesus went through everything we do so that's why they were saying He gets us. I think it goes well with your studies!

Popular Posts