Zoo Day with Grey




















 Wednesday we took Grey to the Cameron Zoo in Waco which is about an hour away.  We had taken our own kids there several times as kids.  My kids were fascinated with animals and Blake loved the map and would lead the way.  Grey was not impressed with the animals. We had rented a stroller for him to ride in but he was not having that.  He was too big for a stroller he informed us so I pushed that thing around with no one in it.  His favorite thing was to play at this little park they had.  We made it two hours before he was ready to go.  He took a quick nap on the drive home and then fell asleep at 9:30 which was good but woke up at 2:30 with a stuffy nose and so I gave him some decongestant and after rubbing his back for a few minutes he fell back asleep only to wake up at 4:30 for the day.  Needless to say he was tired by 8:30 when it was time for him to go to school.  This was the first time though that he didn't cry when I dropped him off.  I think he is figuring out this is just the schedule.  We leave for Maine tomorrow so I won't have him this week.  I don't fly to Utah until the following Tuesday when I get back, so I am hoping to have him Sunday after church until Monday night.  Then it will be the long four weeks stretch that I won't see him, but Rick plans on getting him for some playdates a couple times while I am gone.  


Comments

Popular Posts