One thing about living in Maine is that we missed getting to know our uncles, aunts, and cousins on the Reidhead side. I have met Alvin a few times over the years and loved hearing stories of their youth from mom. Alvin always seemed so sweet and kind and just enjoyed the simple things in life. My mom started out with ten siblings but now down to six. Mom, Jo, Mina, Marvona, Dean and Paul. They were blessed with a large family so even after losing four they still have quite a support group. It is just sad that they are getting older, but as my 50th bday looms, I am realizing it is just a fact of life (sadly)
 |
| Alvin, Jo, Marvona, Mom, and Dean |
 |
| Dean, Paul, Alvin, (love his untucked shirt!) |
 |
| Brad, Jesse, Hunter, Jake, Dillon, Autumn, Ava and Eli |
Mom was able to have three of her siblings visit for a few days. I know she really enjoyed their company and was sad to see them go. Jo and mom are close in age and I am named after Jo. I love their relationship. Jo took a tumble down the stairs and gave herself quite the bruise. They left Wednesday and got word that their brother Alvin had died. Mom will be going to the funeral with two of Alvin's daughters. It will be nice for her to see some more of her family. You realize how precious time and relationships are at times like these.
Comments