49 years old! Clinging to the 40's with all my might!
Last night we went out to dinner with the Schoenrocks to celebrate my birthday. Today was our first day back to church and so that was the very best present. We only had around 50 people and it was a bit different but oh so good to be back. We are having two meetings and so Rick stayed for that one too. Seth Allowitz, recently returned from his mission, gave his talk and likened the man from snowy river to his mission and our journey here. He did a great job although it was hard to hear him sometimes with the mask. We have had about seven families move in since we stopped going and four of them were there today so it was fun to see that! One has six little boys! I got a gun and a watch for my birthday! The gun is not something I requested, but Rick worries about me being home alone a lot at nights and wants me to learn how to use it for protection. I am still working my way up to. I have looked at it and he showed me how it basically works, but I have not held it yet. I told him exposure therapy is what I will have to do and baby step my way into it. The watch I like and it has been fun to not have to carry my phone around. Chris Allowtiz makes blankets for the YW for their birthdays and she does it for the leaders too. She gave me mine today and I love it. The colors are perfect! This will be the 4th blanket we have from her. She made one for both boys when they graduated. Caden's has some BYU images on it so he will take it with him to college. Rick got one that we use a lot for when he had his hospital stay and now I have my own. So pretty!
Sunday evening I had a delivery from the Gardine family. The mom is from mexico and makes some interesting treats. The cream puffs were amazing! The jello was beautiful but a very interesting flavor!





Comments