The Day Arrived

Hanging out before we headed to get him set apart as a missionary!

After he was set apart he wanted some steak at Outback and the cheesy fries

Packed and ready to go.


I had recovered from my cry in the car but when he started walking through security, I lost it!  So hard

Blake got work off and came with us to the airport.  Their last hug was so sweet.  Blake is sad!


That little stinker did not want me giving him a kiss!









This has been my state most of the day. 

Before the waterworks!
 Man was this harder than I expected.  I did pretty good and kept busy this morning to not think about it.  We got loaded up and he wanted Panda Express before we went to the airport.  Ellie sent me a message to read Tanner's letter to him on the way.  Oh  heavens, the tears flowed and the boys teased me.  Got to the airport and we checked his bags.  Right behind him was the boy going with him.  He was a great kid and so that relieved my worry of his traveling alone.  We took a few pics and gave him hugs goodbye.  I really struggled as he walked away from us and headed through security.  He kept looking back and giving us a huge smile and wave.  He did that about six times as he made his way toward his gate.  The three of us headed back to the car and I am crying the whole way.  Coming home without him was so much harder than I thought.  I told Blake I needed Grey to come over so I could snuggle him and be comforted but he is in Colorado!  We are going out tonight for Ginger's bday so that will probably help.  She totally understands since she just did it!  He is supposed to email us once he gets to the MTC tonight so I will look forward to that!  I sure love this kid and am so incredibly blessed to be his mom.  Rick and I both wrote him letters to read on the plane.

Rick used a speech from Eisenhower :
Dear Caden, You are about to embark upon the Great Crusade, toward which you have striven these many years.  The eyes of your family and ancestors are upon you.  The hopes and prayers of God-loving people everywhere march with you.  In company with our brave and faithful brothers and sisters-in-Christ in other missions you will bring about the destruction of Satan's plan, the elimination of his despair over the innocent people of the Dominican Republic and salvation and exaltation for yourselves in the Kingdom of God.  Your task will not be an easy one.  Your enemy is well-trained, well-equipped and battle hardened.  He will fight savagely, I have full confidence in your courage and devotion to duty and faith in the Lord.  I know you will accept nothing less than full Victory.  Good luck and let us beseech the blessing of Almighty God upon this great and noble undertaking.

I really liked that.  The mission president blessed him with safety and protection, that he will have the Holy Ghost with him and will learn the Spanish language easily, he will have an incredible love for the people, his harvest will be plentiful, that he will be a leader and a peacemaker as he works with the other missionaries.  That is all I could remember but it was a beautiful blessing. 

Comments

Popular Posts