Weekly Happenings!

Some of my cute girls.  The third girl in with the grey shirt is a triplet.  She sent me a text yesterday about how she is almost done her personal progress and is so excited to be almost done reading the Book of Mormon.  She is an 8th grader.  Told her I was so proud of her!  They really are a great group and I am enjoying getting to know them.  We are having an overnight camping trip this week since they are off school for Easter break. 



Goodbye BYU hello U of U.  Lexi is registering for her graduate courses and she and Levi walked around campus yesterday.  She is applying for Utah residency which hurts her Texas heart a little, but it is much cheaper. 

One of my books for my sociology class.  I think I will like this class!

The exciting news was that I finished yet another semester!  I get one week off which happens to be Easter week!  I then start spring semester and I am attempting to take nine credits.  I am excited for the Sociology of the Family which is my last elective class  I need and the other two are for my major so I am not looking forward to them.  Then I just have one class and my internship to finish.  I have reached out to our local hospital and sent them my resume.  They had an agreement in place with BYU Idaho a while ago, but have not renewed it the last several years because they didn't have any students apply.   They told me they usually only take one student a year and it is from this college here in Texas but she was going to check with the CEO and give him my info.  My resume is super weak, since I have not really worked for the last twenty years and am just now finishing by degree close to 50!  So I am not really expecting to get a yes from him, but I need to find something before September.  I have to put in 200 hours in a fourteen week span so basically work 20 hours for 10 weeks.  I plan on trying to graduate and work in an office starting next year.  I am hoping to get great benefits so we an stop paying so much for the worthless health plan we have.  Also it would be nice to contribute to the retirement fund.  I think working will be fulfilling since my kids will all be gone and I wll be done school.  It will be a good way to stay busy!

This week for young women we had the girls write inspiration messages or find quotes to fill the eggs. We also put some candy in some of them.  We then divided up and decorated four different homes of people in our ward.  One is our secretary who just lost her father.  She sent the girls a text right after telling them that she had been really struggling that day and they just brought her joy.  The other was a less active family with four small children, and two single sisters.

Morgan made it back Wednesday from her Amazon rainforest tour where a monkey from atop a tree peed all over her.  She saw some amazing animals and was the 5th wheel with two couples plus the tour guide.  She left again Thursday morning for another hiking tour and so I didn't get to talk to her too long.  She is out of cell coverage when she is on these tours because they are remote.  She did get some more offers for schools willing to pay her to come so it makes going to Oxford a little more challenging since she has to pay to go there.  We will see what she decides! She returns to Utah the first week of May so I am just excited for that!



Comments

Bozie said…
Elena! You should be so proud of yourself! What an amazing accomplishment! I hope the Dean/CEO is a wise man and chooses you. And poor Lex, having to claim residency in Utah instead of Texas. But it really will save them tons of money. It seems like Morgan's been gone forever even though I know it hasn't really been that long. I can't wait til she gets back and tells us all about her adventures.

Popular Posts