Progress of sorts

Watched little lovebug Wednesday while Blake and Kayla went shooting and lunch.  He is such a sweet little man.  Rick ran Caden down to Austin to get his birth certificate for his mission.  I had ordered two copies and paid to have them expedited.  I got an email that we would receive them in 20-25 business days.  This was ok since we had to send his fingerprints to Washington DC for verification.  Well 25 days came and went.  I called and was on hold for 45 minutes and finally someone talked to me.  They have no idea what happened to his paperwork and took my number so they could research it.  We decided we could not wait and so off to Austin they went and waited in line for 2 hours to get it but they did.  Then while I went to the temple Thursday, Rick ran it and got it authenticated at a different agency.  I came home from the temple and hurried and next day aired it to Salt Lake.  Called and spoke to Cody, who handles Dominican visas and he thinks he will be able to get his visa before he goes to Mexico even though we got the papers to him a week late!

While at the temple, Wilma had a spell at the veil where she just sank to the ground and had no energy and her speech was off.  I was already through, so I didn't see what happened but they came and got me.  We got her some juice and crackers and her speech was still off, but after several minutes she seemed ok.  I helped her get changed and to the car.  By the time we got to the restaurant for lunch, she was feeling pretty normal.  I think she was just hypoglycemic since she did not eat that morning and she doesn't like to drink to much because then she has to run to the bathroom too much.  I told her she needs to at least eat some crackers before we go in!  

Tonight Rick and I have to attend two weddings.  One is for a lady in our ward who lost her husband last year to cancer.  She is marrying a non member who also lost his wife the same time.  Jeanne is very active in our community on different boards and that is where she met this guy.  They are being married at a park in town so we will run to that and then a son of a member is getting married at a ranch in Georgetown at 7:30 so we will run to that.  Rick did temple recommend interview for a girl this morning who leaves to Germany the same day Caden goes.  Then he ran and did physicals for trek.  Now he is off looking at fencing supplies.  We cannot get anyone to do our fence because it is a small job.  We just need the sides connected before the pool is done, but even though we have had some people come out to give us estimates, they do not want to do it obviously since they never get back to us.  One guy came and on the phone he gave Rick a price of 6000 for rock columns and iron fence gates, and then 10,000 if he did a rock wainscoat.  Rick then said ok, send me the diagrams and the price quotes in the email.  He sends them several days later and the 6000 had become 8500 and the 10,000 was higher too.  So he didn't seem to trustworthy!  So Rick ordered four pallets of stone from a local quarry that match our house and they will deliver them today or next week.  I think with the rock and iron it will cost around 3000!  Of course Rick will have to do the work, but at least I know it will be done correct and for a fraction of the price. 

The pool is slowly progressing, but Rick has added a bit more work.  I guess they normally did the trench to bury the electric until they get to the house and then they just run the conduit along the house and attach it to the cement.  Rick did not like the look of that and so he made them did a trench all the way along the house to the electric
Trench Rick had them dig to bury the tube instead of just attaching it to the house.  He is funny with things.

These are two little shelf areas for little kids to play on.  They added these little tiles called marker tiles before the add the pebbletec so that people can see where the stairs are.  We have not had that in our other pools.  The pebbletec we chose is midnight blue and I think it will be pretty with the tile and the grey tile around the edges.

The concrete pad in the back will eventually have two enclosed areas, one for pool supplies and one for extra storage and the middle will be open for seating.  Rick will do most of that work so it might be awhile.

All of our rain!  We chose to do 3 1/2 feet, 5 feet, 4 1/2 feet.  So it isn't very deep!

This is somewhat the look, except we won't have the extended porch area, our sitting area will be just flush with the two sides that are enclosed.  We wanted to do a bathroom in the one side for people to use, but it was going to be  a nightmare with the city and so much more red tape if you add a bathroom and make it livable!
box.  I did not know that until today when I saw the big trench running the entire length of the house.  He then didn't want a slope where the one side of the pool is higher because of the way the yard is elevated so a rock wall is being built and dirt brought in to even it out.  I hope it looks ok. I haven't seen that part done yet, since they had to go order more rock!  I was hoping the pool would be done so Caden could enjoy it for a few weeks, but I am losing that hope.  He might get one week if he is lucky!  I am looking forward to sitting out there with Grey! 

Comments

Bozie said…
Baby Grey is so adorable! It must be so fun to have a grand baby. I had forgotten you were putting in a pool. That is going to be so nice to have in that Texas heat!

Popular Posts