Thursday Ginger and I headed to the temple.  Our temple had been closed for maintenance and so it was pretty busy.  It was a lovely day.  Got home and had two texts that people wanted to come see the house the next day.  One at 9 am and one at 5.  I spent the rest of Thursday and some Friday getting the house show ready and then the pups and I loaded up and left the house.  This is a high stress situation for Gracie.  She is not a fan of car rides.  She did better this time than the previous time.  Came home and worked on school until it was time to go again.  The couple at 9 were repeat viewers and our house is in the top of their choices.  The realtor also asked me to send her a copy of the survey which I did.  I was hopeful that we would receive an offer over the weekend but no such luck.  Anyway it is nice that we have had some interest and hopefully it will continue! Saturday was busy.  We started out cleaning the church and then came home, cleaned up and headed to the funeral for the 17 year old.  It was held in a church that had a huge almost theater with huge big screens and sound system.  The seats were packed with teenagers and it was very interesting.  They had two reverends share some thoughts and prayers.  Then an uncle read some messages from her friends and family that told a bit about her personality.  After the service, they dismissed us by rows and we walked in front of the casket and family so I guess they could see who all came.  As we walked past Pat (the grandmother from our ward) she just broke down crying and grabbed Rick's hands.  She was so grateful that we came.  I gave her a big hug and kiss.  So sad to lose someone so young.  She was only a year older than the boys and I just couldn't imagine losing one of them.  It seems like they were just babies yesterday.  After we came home we had to get ready for a Bishop's social.  We were asked to bring dessert and a salad.  Rick wanted to make a pasta salad without a recipe as usual and just try and get it to taste like one that he has had before.  He did a great job.  The boys didn't want to come so we headed out.  I usually do not like these situations, but I had a great time.  I loved visiting with the other wives and they were so fun.  We came home and Caden went to the movies with eight other youth from our stake. The girl he is going to prom with was there as well.  He got home around 11:15 and then I could go to bed!  Blake didn't want to go so he had a quiet weekend.  He usually has friends over but they were all busy and Barret had a school prom to go to.  Church was lovely today and I just love that weekly renewal.  A baby was blessed today and the dad gave such a beautiful blessing.  One in which this little guy was told to always look out for others and to be charitable and kind.  That theme was repeated in different ways and it was just lovely. I cannot believe that in a couple weeks I will have a married daughter.  The time has sure flown by.  I am so grateful for Katherine who has helped Lexi with all the planning and has alleviated any stress that I might have!  I am excited to head to Utah for the bridal shower, temple experience with Lexi, and the wedding.  Also my hubby gets his braces off the day after I fly out so when I see him again in Utah he will be metal free.  I am beyond excited! 

Comments

bethouhumble said…
Oh my goodness! So many things in this entry. So awesome that Rick will have his braces off in time for the wedding. And how wonderful will it be to be in the temple with both Lexi and Morgan! Fun and exciting times ahead. Good luck with the house showing!

Popular Posts