Conference Weekend



On their way.  Katherine has been such a great friend and helped Lexi a lot with the wedding prep!

Caden thought Gracie could do with some sprucing and gave her his tie as he was getting ready to go to the Priesthood session.

These little tags will be attached to the pots of succulents for thank you gifts at the reception.

Tulips are everywhere right now and I am filling my home with them while they last.  I so enjoyed looking at them this weekend while listening to our prophet apostles speak!


Lexi had her bridals taken Saturday after conference and she isn't wearing her shoes in the pic so it won't be as long with her shoes.  These pictures do not do the dress or the girl justice.  In person it is so breathtaking.  She is such a beautiful bride! I can't wait to see the professional ones!

This weekend was amazing.  I had been praying for guidance and an overall feeling of optimism.  I have a tendency to get down after conference when I see all that I need to be doing and how much lack I see, but I didn't want to be discouraged since I know from where those feelings come. As Saturday morning session started, I looked out the window and there were three cardinals in my tree.  That was such a tender mercy to me.  They filled me with joy and just the way I wanted to start conference and that joy remained.   I loved every minute and even though I heard things that I know I should be doing, I took heart and felt positive in the fact that everyday I get to get up and try again.  That is such a gift.  I was reading today all of the scriptures  that deal with our Savior as our Advocate.  They are such beautiful scriptures and impressed on me that my trying is acceptable. 

Rick and the boys went to our ward BBQ before the priesthood session.  They really enjoyed the meetings.  We had the missionaries over for lunch in between the Sunday sessions.   We have some really cute little guys right now.  They look to be around Blake and Caden's age and so it just made me flash forward a couple of years.  I pray that they will serve and grow in that service. 

Comments

bethouhumble said…
I'm so glad you were able to have your prayer answered and able to filly enjoy conference. I am always amazed at how positive our leaders are even in troubled times. It always calms my soul!
bethouhumble said…
Lexi is beautiful! So glad we get to be there for her special day!

Popular Posts