Temple Thursday

Rick and I were able to go to the temple today.  I really wanted to go before conference and our temple closes for a few weeks after conference.  Rick goes in for his surgery Wednesday so this was our chance to go before all of that! We were the witness couple for the 2nd time in a row and I love that.  It is so nice that the boys can drive to school so we were able to take off and not have to worry about them.  I found out that you can't work at the temple until your children are at least 18 years old or probably graduated so I have a few more years before I can hopefully work at the temple one day a week.  I just feel so rejuvenated and empowered whenever I go. 

Lexi did her first clinical today at the nursing home and had to help give some patients showers, etc.  She had her eyes opened since her patients were male.  My cute little innocent.  The dean of nursing received a glowing letter about Lexi from the free clinic she volunteered over the summer.  They would love her back next summer.  She aced her first text in pathophysiology.  She is super busy but she loves it. 

Morgan is so passionate about learning and she is in heaven with her English classes.  She is hoping to volunteer for one of the journals at BYU and she volunteers at a juvenile home teaching students to read.  These girls love the college life and learning.  I sure wish I took after them.  I am back in school and I can't say I love it.  I just take one semester at a time and hopefully one day it will all be a memory! 

The boys are finding sophomore year a bit more challenging that last year and we actually see Blake at the kitchen table doing homework or reviewing each night.  That is a first for that boy!  Anyway life is good, we are so blessed!

Comments

bethouhumble said…
So wonderful!! I try to go to the temple on Thursdays but these past two weeks there have been conflicts! I may need to select a different day! Glad the kids are doing so well! Working at the boarding home changing grown men's depends
bethouhumble said…
I was trying to say I could relate with Lexy from my high school work experience! Hardest job but best job too! I had to step WAY outside my comfort zone!
Daniels Six said…
I still can't believe you did that job at such a young age! Lexi is really enjoying it and she volunteered at this nursing home and did activities with them a year ago so she was glad she was assigned there. She has her favorites!

Popular Posts