Spring Break for Some!
Ellie called Sunday and wanted to see if the boys could fly out and spend spring break with Tanner. I do not know why we didn't think of this sooner because last minute tickets are not cheap! We decided it would be cheaper to fly Tanner out here so Monday afternoon he was here in Texas. Airplanes are a wonderful thing. So the boys have been having fun going to the rec playing basketball, hanging outside, playing games, video games, watching movies and then they got up and left today for a campout. They were originally going to rent canoes/kayaks but the place was quite a ways away so they have opted to hike in instead. They got a fishing license to try their luck with that as well. They will be hiking around a lake. I watched them all get ready and Rick pack up all the backpacks and it did not appeal to me at all. When they get back tomorrow they have an evening of fun at the IFLY in Austin. It is kind of like the indoor surfing place but it feels like skydiving. Another activity that is not up my alley but I have class that night (no spring break for me)
In math right now we are doing linear equations and figuring how compound interest works and I must admit that it is very satisfying to be able to sit down and do 5/2 (-3x+2) = 3/4x +6 . I have harder ones but I can't type them in. Math and I have decided to take another look at each other and even though it takes me some major warming up with each new step, I think it has the possibility of becoming a lovely relationship. The boys were laughing this morning because I was doing a chapter review and I was getting all the answers right. I yell out, "I'm awesome!" Blake tells Tanner 'my mom never brags about herself so that was funny! There is something euphoric in learning something new and it is helping me break through some of my "I am no smart enough to go back to school" mentality!
The pups had a friend come spend a couple days for spring break too. My friend has this little pup named Snickers and she has come to play when Cayden comes over but this is the first time I have watched her. She has had a few potty accidents but Gracie and Snickers play hard. Then they crash for a couple hours. Jack has decided to remain aloof and looks at them both with disdain. He is such a grump.
Lexi and two of her roomies went to the canyon for a bonfire with a bunch of guy friends. Lexi said it was a blast. Not sure why the sad face in picture two but it was cute so I stole if off Facebook. She is ready to come home for a break and I think she has to go until the end of April. I am done on the 11th and pick back up again on the 21st. I got my interviews done and submitted so once fall registration opens I can officially take classes for my degree in healthcare administration. I was looking at the classes and I think it will be hard but fun! They give us 8 years to finish our bachelors so the turtle and I have a lot in common, slow and stead, but we will win our race!
Tomorrow I go to the temple with my RS ladies and then barely get back in time to head to class. The boys will be well watched and taken care of by Rick so I will not be missed! I need to run around and get some items for our upcoming RS birthday celebration. We are focusing on being a virtuous woman and using the Proverbs 31 as a guide. We are going to have dinner and make a "virtuous bracelet" one bead for each virtue we discuss. They all go with a ruby color since "a virtuous woman is worth far above rubies" We have ten virtues, faith, marriage, mothering, health, service, finances, industry, homemaking, time, and beauty.





Comments