Oh the Life of Boys
![]() |
| Rick got a fishing license but Blake decided to forgo the pole and shoot the fish. It is a very ugly looking thing and it wasn't good to eat! |
The boys headed off Wednesday to to camping. It was actually pretty cool outside but they really wanted to go. They decided that going to Austin and getting canoes/kayaks would take too long so they opted to hike in. They also decided that they didn't want to lug the tents to sleeping under the stars was their plan. The night got down to 32 degrees and their sleeping bags were rated for 50 degrees. Needless to say they were a little chilly. The boys said they were fine in the sleeping bags, but Rick was a bit cold. He got up early and made a fire for the boys. They came home around 9 and then rested and then headed to the rec for some basketball. Rick and the boys took on another team. After that they headed to the IFLY Austin. They seemed to enjoy that and Caden wants to go again. They sure looked rough this morning and a bit sleepy. Tanner flies home today. He has been a complete joy to have and Rick has been really impressed with Tanner. He said he is a really good sport on the basketball court. He is just really mature. I think that may come from him looking so much older. You just expect more from him. I had to go visiting teaching today so I was thinking of things I could let them do while I did that. I thought I could drop them at the outlet mall and they could look around. Then I realized that would be three 13 year olds and thought better. I totally forgot that he was that young! I think they all have had a great time hanging out and it sure made my life easy since the boys were entertained!









Comments