Letters like these....
I got my first hand written letter just for me in the mail this weekend from Morgan. I will treasure it always and it had me crying. As a stay home mom, you often feel that no one notices the small and simple things that you do that really add up to our entire lives' work and letters like this just make it all worth it! She says "I am so proud of you for going back to school and for magnifying your calling in Relief Society to such an extent. You are a wonderful example to me and you are an elect lady and I am so grateful that I get to call you mom. (tears are falling already) I am so grateful that I get to serve a mission. It has strengthened my testimony of the gospel and increased my confidence in myself and my abilities. I have learned to love and serve and work hard in ways that I hadn't before. Mom, I am just so HAPPY. It is the best thing in the world, knowing that Heavenly Father is proud of me and that I am doing exactly what He wants me to do. I love making you and pops proud too. I get to help in a celestial and glorious work. ME! This imperfect, not
glorified being gets to participate in the greatest work of the Lord! I get to help people change their eternities. Isn't that just mind boggling? And although I've only had one baptism in seven months, I know that the Lord is proud of me and that I am making a difference. Even if it is just small for now. I love you mom! I think of that story often when the girl writes her dad and says that he doesn't need to worry anymore. Well mom, I don't want you to worry anymore! You are a fantastic mother and I think I turned out pretty good. We did it Mom!
I had sent her a note in November and included this ( Elder Villarreal shared his father's day card from his grown daughter and in it she said , you don't have to worry about me anymore, She is married in the temple and raising her children and has a strong testimony. She wanted his father's day gift to be that he didn't need to worry about her in that way. I will always worry about your safety and such, but I don't worry about your testimony and conversion. You are solid and strong and I am so grateful for that. Love you so much kiddo and have a great Thanksgiving. I of course will be counting you as one of my most special gifts!!)
Anyway I just am overcome with gratitude that I was blessed to be Morgan's mom. I sometimes wonder how the Lord knew he could trust me with her. I didn't always have the best track record, but I am awfully glad HE did!
She included this picture teaching Michael and Mona and their eight cats and eating gingersnaps which are Michael's favorite and he is always serving them.



Comments