What does a Mom do when she is All Alone?

That question was asked of my boys in 2nd grade and apparently all I did was laundry!  Friday the guys left and I spent the day baking for my bunko party.  I made pazookies, artichoke dip, maple scones, and pretzel choc bars.  We then had an Italian ice bar as well.  That was a big hit. We had seventeen ladies come and that is the biggest turnout we have had yet.  We have two non members that come and we gave them Books of Mormon signed by all of us for Christmas.  One of them has a husband who is going through chemo (maybe early 30's), Peggy one of the ladies dropped by a dinner for them and said to just put this in the freezer and when you are feeling overwhelmed you have a meal.  They were very touched by that and so when she heard a customer of hers (bank) talking about her husbands serious illness, she wanted to pay it forward.  She took them a meal. Then she finds out that he can no longer sleep laying down but he doesn't have a recliner and they are financially unable to get one.  Peggy told her that I could maybe put it in my RS news and ask if anyone had one they no longer needed.  As Marisa was asking me this, I said, Oh I have one.  We have it tucked in my daughter's room because we didn't have a space for it.  She started crying and gave me a big hug.  She loved our home and when her husband came she took him around and did not show her my furniture but she showed him the different pictures of Christ that I have.  I loved that.  They picked it up and delivered it to a very grateful recipient.  I am not sue if they will take the discussions at this time, but they do know that we are kind people and that we believe in Jesus Christ.

Saturday, I cleaned up from my party, talked to Ellie (her boys were gone too) and got ready for Sunday.  Sunday I sat all alone in my pew:)  That morning my friend called and she was getting couples together to play a game that evening.  I told her Rick was gone so I couldn't come.  She said she would get another sister that was alone to come.  I do not like socializing too much so I was a bit sad by excuse was removed.  However, it was a blast, we played a game called Bang which I have never heard of but it involves outlaws, renegades, deputies, sheriffs, indian attacks, and bullets.  It really was fun and I was glad I went.  Yesterday, worked out, ran around to get stuff for RS meeting that is tonight, did school work.  Already I am over my head in math and am waiting for Rick to come home and tutor me.  YIKES!  Though in my Book of Mormon class we have to submit our study journal, thoughts we have while we are reading that week's assignment and he used mine as a perfect example.  So maybe my strengths just don't run the math department.  Although we keep being reminded that all learning and truth can be taught by the spirit, so I am awaiting that enlightening to happen with math.

We are working on the attribute Faith this month so our meeting tonight is on Faith like a seed (word of god is the seed that increases our faith) and container gardening.  We have also been challenged by our stake to read the Book of Mormon(12 and up) this year.

Comments

Bozie said…
that is so cool that you have been able to invite a few non-members to your bunco games and it has led to giving them books of Mormon! sounds like you kept pretty busy while your boys were gone:)

Popular Posts