Well school started back up again for me. My first assignment for math was to make sure that I had my multiplication facts up to 15 and add/subtraction up to 15. I stopped learning multiplication tables at number 11 so I have had some work to do. We also are going to learn a lot about budgeting and using spreadsheets to track. I had to buy a finance book and will have to read it and do a report and also present it. It will be so good for me because I do the finances but we are horrible about tracking our spending and there are so many areas we could cut back and have more to save. I think it will teach me to be more aware of my frivolous spending habits and hopefully will be beneficial for the rest of my life. Of course, no sooner do I tell Rick we are going to tighten our belts, his truck has problems. Now in it's defense it does have 150,000 miles on it and has not given us any trouble. It needs a new drive shaft or something like that. My car is getting up in miles too but I really hope they just keep going with minimal problems.
My new counselor was called on Sunday and come to find out she has had this exact calling in the last four wards she has been in. She has some really good ideas and I am excited to have her join our presidency. We have some good things planned to help the sisters both temporally and spiritually. Her name is Alona and with mine Elena, it is a little close! She just got married for the first time at 35 and has served a mission. Her husband was married before and has a little seven year old. I will miss Judy but she is still a long way from full recovery. Heading to the temple with the RS tomorrow and I so love that time. My presidency tries to go together and it is just a nice experience. Rick and I went to the temple a couple weeks ago and were able to do a session and then attend the sealing of a daughter (my age) to her father and step mom(in my ward). I love Jeanne and she was so touched that her step daughter would want to be sealed to her. In the sealing it says she is yours like she was born to you. It was beautiful to see and be a part of. Rick was able to be a witness. I love the reminder of eternity when you are in the sealing room.
We all set some goals for the new year and didn't set a lot so that we can focus on them. I was glad that all four of us chose daily scripture study. I gave the boys little charts to put in their room and they mark off the days they read. We are shooting for 365 days! Blake also chose to get better at his shooting, and to save a portion of all of his money beyond tithing and mission. Caden chose an exercise regimen.so that he will be able to do the human flagpole for 5 seconds and to eat healthier. I know Lexi is working on one of hers because she has been running everyday and has purchased healthy food. Here's to 2014!
My new counselor was called on Sunday and come to find out she has had this exact calling in the last four wards she has been in. She has some really good ideas and I am excited to have her join our presidency. We have some good things planned to help the sisters both temporally and spiritually. Her name is Alona and with mine Elena, it is a little close! She just got married for the first time at 35 and has served a mission. Her husband was married before and has a little seven year old. I will miss Judy but she is still a long way from full recovery. Heading to the temple with the RS tomorrow and I so love that time. My presidency tries to go together and it is just a nice experience. Rick and I went to the temple a couple weeks ago and were able to do a session and then attend the sealing of a daughter (my age) to her father and step mom(in my ward). I love Jeanne and she was so touched that her step daughter would want to be sealed to her. In the sealing it says she is yours like she was born to you. It was beautiful to see and be a part of. Rick was able to be a witness. I love the reminder of eternity when you are in the sealing room.
We all set some goals for the new year and didn't set a lot so that we can focus on them. I was glad that all four of us chose daily scripture study. I gave the boys little charts to put in their room and they mark off the days they read. We are shooting for 365 days! Blake also chose to get better at his shooting, and to save a portion of all of his money beyond tithing and mission. Caden chose an exercise regimen.so that he will be able to do the human flagpole for 5 seconds and to eat healthier. I know Lexi is working on one of hers because she has been running everyday and has purchased healthy food. Here's to 2014!


Comments