Thanksgiving 2012
We spent Thanksgiving this year with a couple families in our ward. The Perry's which consists of Ann, Kent, and their 20+ something Jim and the Enriquez family consisting of Polo, Peggy, Trey, 22 and McKenzie (11). Kent did the turkey and he smoked it. We are not usually turkey people, but this was delicious and moist, We brought pumpkin pie, pumpkin dream cake, blueberry pie, mashed potatoes, gravy and artichoke dip. So good and then we came home because Rick had to work that night and he worked the night before so he needed to sleep! Morgan spent her holidays with Grandparents and they had dinner at Nichole's house. She caught up on some much needed sleep and homework. We get her back in about three weeks!!! Rick made his spicy pinto beans to add to the turkey our neighbor was making for a sister in our ward. They are Mexican and always have rice and beans with their turkey. She has lost her eyesight and was the cook for the family. Hopefully they enjoyed them. So thankful for all my blessings and realized the last few days how much I take for granted. I have a husband who loves me and works so hard for our family, I have a beautiful home with all the comforts, I have four beautiful kids who strive to do what's right, and I have a knowledge and testimony of my Savior Jesus Christ who gave me the greatest gift of all. Having that knowledge has made all the difference in my life and I will be eternally grateful!!


Comments