So I was sustained as the Relief Society President today and since it was the first Sunday, I also taught the lesson. I am excited to get to know my counselors and also get to know the sisters in the ward. I always feel such a sense of inadequacy --not in my testimony but just in my ability to lead. I am not assertive when it comes to voicing my opinion nor am I very good at asking for help or delegating. The bishop blessed me to be able to do that. I knew that when he said that in the blessing that my Heavenly Father knew exactly my thoughts and tried to reassure me that he will help me as I strive to magnify this calling. I know that he can turn weaknesses into strengths and if I seek him he will empower me to accomplish all that I need to. It has been interesting that I have had a sense of calm about this whole experience and haven't had the panic or crazy stress like before. I guess I am just getting older. I still see myself as too young but I look in the mirror and staring back is a woman--41 to be exact so I guess I am not too young. Rick and I have to speak next Sunday and my topic is gratitude. I was assigned that exact topic last November in my last ward. I am beginning to think I need to work on that principle. It is always something I strive to be better with. The boys had their last soccer game and we actually tied, we have lost the other games. Lexi and her cross country took first in regionals so they move on to state. They are very excited.
Our passports all came so we are ready to hit the Dominican for Christmas. The kids are very excited but I think Rick is the most excited. I really want it to be a meaningful experience for all of us!
![]() |
| Lexi got a package from BYU with a decal and CD in it so her little car is sporting the Y. All she needs is the stake president interview and she can forward her application! Exciting times. |
Our passports all came so we are ready to hit the Dominican for Christmas. The kids are very excited but I think Rick is the most excited. I really want it to be a meaningful experience for all of us!




Comments
What an awesome experience for Rick to take his family back to the Dominican Republic.