Oh yeah That's ME!
Our stake patriarch is in our ward and his wife was diagnosed with cancer and had to have surgery on Monday. This couple is so adorable. I go to their institute class they teach on Tuesdays and I love their banter and relationship. He once said that on his fridge at home is his "resurrection picture" of her. It is the photo she sent when he was serving his mission and apparently she was a beauty! So I was thinking that the Relief Society President should probably go and visit her in the hospital. It is so hard to see myself again in this role. I am not good at hospitals even though my husband practically lives in one. I never go visit him there unless someones life depends on it. So I girded up my loins and had a pep talk with myself and bought a poinsettia to take. I brought back up in the form of my sweet husband and off we went to the hospital Rick was a resident for. He hadn't been back for ten years. This sweet husband has not left her side. He had a little suitcase and was sleeping in the room on a very small couch. He is over 6' tall. I asked him if I could go and get him anything to make it more comfortable and he said with a smile, he had all he needed. The love that they have for each other was so inspiring. I hope that I am becoming all that my husband needs and that he could say that as well!!
I am also really trying hard to listen and follow promptings better. Rick had made a bunch of homemade chicken soup on Tuesday and we had too much. A sister's name popped in my head to take her some soup. So I instantly called her and asked if she had started dinner and if not I would love to bring some soup and bread by. She is a full time student and mother to two adorable boys and is less active. She was thrilled and we delivered it. So my lessons for this week is that I can do hard things, things that are not in my comfort zone, and I will survive and come out a better person!


Comments