Valentine Fun




Blake came down the stairs this morning and gave me a big hug and said "Happy Valentines Day" He then whispered "are you going to write me a special note on my napkin?" I had forgotten that I do that so I am glad he reminded me. While they were at school, I made cupcakes and a cookie cake for dessert. We went to Gingers and made our own pizza's for dinner. So good! The boys took 2nd and 3rd place for their valentine boxes so they were pretty happy. Morgan and Lexi had flowers delivered to school. I didn't know anything about it. Rick had done it on his own and said from their secret admirer. They also got a box of perfume and makeup from him. I had cut a heart out of different scrapbook paper and they had to go find the match to it. When they found the match, they would find their favorite candy and a clue to lead them to a present. We also took them to see Gnomeo and Juliet. Everyone had a wonderful valentines day with lots of love!

Comments

Bozie said…
you and ellie put me to shame! my kids are so deprived (thank goodness they don't know it;). sounds like a wonderful day for your cuties!
Chrissy said…
ditto that Bozie! :) My kids got a small Harry Potter gift and chocolate kiss- but certainly no special treasure hunt! Cute valentines Day Elena!
Chrissy said…
PS- tell blake and Cayden cute boxes! Josh and Liz both did Harry Potter theme as well.
Be Thou Humble said…
Makes me wonder what the 1st place boxes looked like! I thought they were awesome and I am relieved that there was no competition here! Looks like a really fun day! That was sweet of Rick. Were the girls embarrassed? I did Valentine grams for my three boys (which I do every year) but this year, I was informed by Tanner that it was so embarrassing and Tyson avoided answering the question when I asked him if it was embarrassing for him. So, I guess they're getting too old for public show of love from their mom! Made me wonder about Scott all during dental school when I would sneak into the school and decorate his locker and dental cart for Valentine's Day (of course, his was the only one done). I asked him if it embarrassed him and guess what...it did! I thought all this time that he secretly loved the extra attention! (stop laughing girls!!!)
Daniels Six said…
So funny Ellie! Blake doesn't get embarrassed at all (still sucking thumb at 10) Caden does a little bit. The girl that brought in Morgan's flowers saw her face and said "thats the same face your sister made!" Blake had gotten a chocolate rose for a girl in his class and had kept it in my fridge for 3 weeks. He finally snuck it in her locker and she has not idea it was from him. He is so funny. She is a twin as well and a foot taller. He seems to go for the tall girls!

Popular Posts