Overcast, Rainy Days = Christmas Music and Baking




My kids are so very grateful when they walk in the door and I have baked that day. It just makes the house smell like a nice place to seek refuge from whatever day they had at school. No matter how grumpy you were when you walked in the door, warm cookies and bread can change that frown upside down. In the summer, I do not feel like baking. Even though I am in an air conditioned house, I just don't get the baking feel when it is blazing hot outside. I woke up to the sound of rain and dark skies. After getting the kids off to school, I turned on Christmas music and got busy. It was lovely. I made a ton of choc chip cookies with this new recipe which quite frankly is a bit sinful. Then I tried this new wheat bread recipe. To quote a food connoisseur "this is the best homemade bread ever". My kids are hoping for more dark days in the future!!

Comments

Be Thou Humble said…
OK share your recipes on our other blog so I can make them too!!! My kids will be forever grateful!
Bozie said…
i can not believe you started listening to christmas music before me!! it's just too hot here right now (but i must admit i have had the desire when i feel the crisp morning air). i'm trying to hold off until october but i know i won't succeed. those cookies and bread look fabulous-i will try them out if you put the recipes on our "house of fat" blog!

Popular Posts