Alas I was Picked
We all remember those school days, where we all lined up and two captains would take turns choosing teammates. It was always excruciating and no one wanted to be the last one picked. Just another traumatizing experience to go through that doesn't end at school. I have watched shows where they still enlist this humiliating tactic. Well this week, sickness came to call and wouldn't you know it Caden and I were picked for the team. YUCK. I hate not being at 100%. The only good thing about feeling bad, is realizing how great you have it and that you take that for granted daily. I have thought a lot with empathy about people who have a long term illness that everyday they never feel great. That would be extremely hard. I normally cannot even fathom that when I am well in fact it never crosses my mind. I realize I am not so grand at being sick. I don't like being still it feels like wasted time I cannot get back. Thankfully Rick was around Monday and Tuesday. He taught seminary, FHE, made dinners, etc. I am also grateful to not be a single parent!! Anyway I am looking forward to a better day tomorrow. Fingers crossed!


Comments
i look at dennis' sister, deborah who has been in pain since high school and she is the happiest most thoughtful person-when i am not feeling well everyone knows it-i'm such a bear! i don't know how they can be so cheerful!!