The day I became a Mom!
Seventeen years ago, a young man and young woman found themselves walking the streets of Provo waiting for their first child to be born. It was painful and a loooong labor. I remember going to the hospital and being sent home. They told me they could give me a shot of morphine but I wasn't a fan of needles so I opted out. We went back home and I was miserable all night. Rick was so sweet and attentive and worried. We were 23 and 22 years old and we were young, poor, and nervous. After a long night and long day, Morgan Ashley Daniels was born at 7:26 pm. She was beautiful all 8 lbs of her. She had lots of dark hair and I fell in love with her. She turned out to be quite a high maintenance baby, but I loved being her mom and wanted the best for her. Morgan has been such an amazing daughter. I love her for her strength and her desire to do what is right. She may have started out high maintenance, but she is on auto pilot now. I never have to remind her about school work, laundry, church requirements etc. She just does these things. I thought a lot about her life today and how sad I will be soon. I only have a couple years left and though I am excited for her next chapter, I selfishly want to cling to that dark eyed baby girl.
Ginger, Taylor, Lexi and I took Morgan to a movie on Saturday and out to Chipotle and Shakes.
Then this morning an EFY speaker came and did a fireside at 7:00 am at our ward building. The girls had to leave by 6:30. After church, we came home and Rick made an amazing dinner of pork tacos complete with charro beans. It was so good. She had fruit pizza for seminary on Friday so today we made choc chip cookie cake. I gave her a couple books that I loved as a girl. They are out of print, but the internet is an amazing thing. I hope she gets as much pleasure from them as I did.


Comments