Here we go AGAIN!!

Salado has a record flood every 100 years or so. We have had three in the last two years and this time has been the worst. Rick took these pictures of our neighborhood creek and the bridge we use to go to town. We just had a Sunday School lesson on Sunday from Hosea and the thought "I will pour out my wrath upon them like water" came to mind. All night we heard the deluge and the thunder and lightening. I guess we are feeling the affects of the tropical storm. It was pretty interesting that the worst part of the storm settled over Salado and didn't move for hours. It is raining again as I type this. Rick went to town and is taking pictures he said it is impressive. A smaller town lost entire trailer parks. The kids are excited because they first delayed school for 2 hours and then cancelled it entirely. I don't know how my seminary kids are going to get here. The other way is way out of the way for one of them. Hopefully they will be able to fix the bridge soon!!

Comments

Bozie said…
wow! that looks intense!! i hope it lets up soon. it's so funny how kids don't seem to notice the catastrophe-as long as they get out of school they're happy:) love their perspective! take care cuties.
Be Thou Humble said…
YIKES!!! You never think things like this will hit this close to home!

Popular Posts