Perfect Day!!

This morning I met some ladies to carpool to the Dallas Temple. I was excited about going and expressing gratitude to my Heavenly Father for my many blessings. We had just pulled into the parking lot when I got a phone call and noticed it was from the school. I didn't answer it. My heart sunk and I just knew they were calling to tell me Blake had failed the TAKS test and would have to continue the next two weeks while his sibling were all at home. I was so sad and tried not to think about it while I was in the temple. I prayed for a miracle. It would devastate him. I was so worried about telling him. After our session, I got in the car and there were two more calls from the school, but no message. Just then Rick sent me a text message than said that Blake not only passed the test but was commended as well. SHOCK. My miracle happened and my little guy is so proud of himself. Caden was commended as well and the message from the teacher said she was so proud of both of the boys. Words really cannot express my feelings. This has been weighing on my mind for over a year. I have had such moments when I have seen my Heavenly Father extend his caring, gentle arms around me and I have felt like a chick gathered under his wing. I was so glad I was able to go to the temple and express my gratitude to him.

Comments

Be Thou Humble said…
Way to go Blake! I am so relieved for him (and for you)! That will really help his confidence!
Bozie said…
i am sooo happy for you and little blake. it is such a worry to have a child struggle and feel like they are not as good in school as their siblings and friends. i am so glad he passed!!
Daniels Six said…
Another of his teachers called last night while we were at the movies and left her home and cell number to tell me the good news. They were almost as excited as we were.

Popular Posts