Happy Mothers Day to Me!!

We didn't arrive back home until yesterday around 3:30. Morgan and Lexi had written me beautiful cards and had the house pretty clean. Blake came running down to give me a hug and Caden remained upstairs until I forced him down for a hug. I was gone for almost two days--I mean he should have been waiting at the door with bells on. I love these kids and I love being their mom. They bring incredible joy to my life and inspire me to be better. Morgan said some really beautiful things in her card that really emphasized how important my role as a mother is.
I also reflected on my mother this day. I was able to see her for a few hours this weekend and the laughs we shared and love that was felt was wonderful. My mom never ceases to amaze me. A gift that she has that I often covet is her knowledge of the scriptures. It seems no matter how much I study, I can never recall with clarity later a point or scripture that meant something to me. I have to read in my journal to recall. My mom had called the other day and was commenting on a scripture that she had read that brought her comfort. She then quoted it verbatim. I thought she had the scriptures in front of her. Then when she was trying to recall what chapter and verse it was, I realized she had memorized it. She has such a gift when it comes to knowledge and likening the scriptures. I have always been in awe of that. We are told to seek after good gifts and I would really like to have that one!! I love you mom and thanks for always making me feel special, beautiful and most of all loved. I cannot wait until Nichole and mom come in a month. Oh the fun we will have. I may lose 10 pounds from all the laughing.

Comments

Popular Posts