18 Years!!
Rick and I have been married for 18 years. It doesn't seem possible! In a couple years I will have been with him more than without him. In these times where divorce is so common, I feel very blessed to be celebrating this anniversary and looking forward to many more. Having my marriage yoked with the teachings of the gospel makes all the difference. I know that if we are both living a Christ centered life than our marriage will remain strong. Rick has been for me the very person I needed. He loves me unconditionally, he always treats me lovingly even when I am a stinker and he forgives immediately. I could learn so many lessons from him and I am trying to be more that way. As he was spending all this time making the boys boats, they were so excited watching them become what they had invisioned, I told the boys "you should thank me, I chose a good dad for you" They totally agreed as they all walked out the door to play tennis. Right now Lexi wanted to go run a 5K and wanted Rick to go with her. So off he went to do this even though he hasn't run one mile in forever. He loves his kids and tries to be there for them. He has a summer road trip planned for just him and the boys. They plan to camp along the way and go see the sites, like caves, museums, grand canyon. I am so excited for them to have their dad all to themselves for over a week. I love that Rick would want to do that with them. For my anniversary gift Rick got me a new camera. I am so excited and I hope the quality of my pictures improve and I will be able to tell a difference. It came with quite a manual but I am hoping to use the auto setting most!! Anyway I am looking forward to the rest of my day, hopefully Rick will make it back in one piece!!


Comments