Pine Wood Derby Survivors











We just finished our first pinewood derby. I had heard horror stories about the parents and how competive it can be. I must say everyone behaved very well with the exception of a couple of big boys that were cry babies even though they were doing very well. We had one little guy who came in dead last everytime and he had a huge smile on his face the whole way. I love that. Rick had fun making the boys cars with them. The boys did very little, they sanded and painted, and chose the design. Caden chose a batman car and Blake chose a car that Indiana Jones drove in his movies. They turned out really cool. All in all a good experience and the boys are looking forward to next year.

Comments

Ellie said…
We haven't done ours yet. Tanner is going to be out a year because he won't be doing one as a "Wolf". He wasn't old enough when they did it last year and this year they are doing it later so he will already be a "Bear". He's not happy that Tyson will have three cars and he'll only have two. Our derby isn't until May this year so we have yet to get started! At least Scott only has to help with one!
Chrissy said…
Wow- this is the cutest blog! Im so embarrassed. Mine is a freak show. So cute Elena. Glad the boys got to race. I remember Rick getting so excited with those cars for his own boyscout derby.

Popular Posts