
Friday the kids' were out of school due to the high school girls bball team going to the state playoffs. Lexi, of course, went with a gaggle of friends. I had to meet her friends in town at 6:15 so even though no seminary I still had to get up early. That evening Lexi had a track meet that lasted from 3:00-10:30. I love going to track meets, they are so fun to watch. Lexi ran the 800, the 1600, and the mile relay. She did awesome even though during her mile her shoe was completely untied and I was worried the whole time that her shoe would fly off or that someone would step on it and she would fall. Thankfully she made it. Then this morning, Morgan and I went to participate in our first Habitat for Humanity project. It was so fun and I even have blisters to prove it. We met the lady that is getting this house and she is so excited. I guess they have to have 300 hours of labor logged in on other homes before they can qualify for one. There was this super cute 78 year old lady who is practically homeless on the list. She was there painting and caulking. So humbling. Morgan had a great time and she plans on going back as many Saturdays that she can. Once this house is finished they will be starting one right next door. She will get many service hours, plus learn some skills. She wanted to climb up and do roofing today, but I kept her down painting. I am pretty exhausted tonight but a really good exhausted! Blake and Caden went to the sock hop Friday night, they tagged on to Ginger's group since Rick was working and I wanted to go to the meet. Blake said I am going to walk up to Taryn and ask her to dance. So this morning when he crawled in bed with me at 4:30 I asked him how that worked out for him. He said I asked Avery where she was and she said Taryn was sick " then he said "All the Taryns were sick" he meant the whole family but instead of the last name he said it like that. It was really cute. They had a great time.


Comments