 |
| Ollie wanted to be in the pic so badly |
 |
| After the Christ walk at church I came and ordered this picture for myself. It makes me think of "walk with me" which is the theme for the youth this year. |





Friday we had a ward event where we were able to walk through different rooms with each room representing the last day of the last week of our Savior's mortal ministry. The last room was just filled with different pictures of Christ that ward members have in their homes. I found it interesting that no one brought the same picture. He is such a personal Jesus for each of us. They had an Easter hunt for the kids after. Saturday Rick planted a couple trees, Caden went to take Alexis to a shooting range and I prepared the house for Sunday and for the missionaries for dinner. Their message was to think of our own water of mormon experiences where we came to know the Savior. Rick shared a couple one was on his top bunk in the MTC before he was heading out to serve and the other was Melinda's basement on a floor mattress right after his dad had taken his life. He had a very personal and powerful moment as he poured out his heart to heaven. I thought of my own moments and it was good to reflect on those preparing for Palm Sunday and this Easter celebration. My invitation from my devotional was to lay something down whether that would be a distraction, pride, fear, and make room for Him. I am not going to watch any TV this week expect for conference this weekend. I already gave up social media so not wasting my time in the evenings watching shows will be what I give up to draw closer to Him this week. Rick and I have been assigned to minster to a sister in our ward that has four young children under 5. The youngest is a month old. The husband is a traveling nurse so he is gone for 7 days then home for 7 days. We sit by her in church the weeks that he is not here. That was today so I didn't get to focus too much on the talks given since I was helping with them. The YW sang a beautiful song and the primary sang Gethsemene which is one of my favorites. I plan on making conference/easter basket for the little kids and dropping them off this week. I am excited for this weekend being combined Easter and conference. Rick will be off Sunday so we can have a lovely meal together and will have Caden and Alexis join us!
Comments