RS Christmas Party and a good and kind Father
So the RS party has been planned for my house for sometime. I wanted it decorated for Christmas really nice and I had gotten a couple things to prepare. I always get these Costco fresh wreaths for my front door and there's two doors so I always get two. They only delivered me one even though they charged me for two and so in contacting them they said they would send me out another one. Well it wasn't shipping and I finally got a ship date and it said it was coming December 8, which would be of course after the party. I was a little bummed since the door looks a little off-center with just one, but it is what it is, and so I went about my day and the two trees I had ordered showed up the day before and they had been lost in shipment. I had given up that they'd show up, but there they were in time. Then lo and behold to my surprise I see this guy walking up to my door with the wreath box yesterday just in time for me to put it on the door for my party. I just felt my Heavenly Father's love that he cared about my little things. Like it wasn't going to be the end of the world if they didn't come, but it made me happy and he knew that it would and he sent that little tender, mercy and love to me yesterday. I just felt seen and cared about from my Father.
It was rainy and cold last night so I thought our attendance might be a little down but man, the ladies just kept coming. My house was full of sisters just enjoying each other and talking and visiting and laughing and eating. We did this fun gift exchange and for someone that doesn't really love entertaining or crowds, it just so fun! It made me really realize how much women need each other in the connections that we make. I was able to visit with a couple women that I didn't know that well because they serve in primary and just had such a great time.We started at seven and at 9:26 my power went out and so then everybody had to start leaving brcause it was dark except for my lights that were on with batteries. They were teasing me that I was doing that on purpose to get them to leave! I got a bunch of flashlights out and the pups and I were in a cozy darkness for just an hour and then it came back on so that was nice!



Comments