Hurricane Erin
So when rick discovered he had eight days off in a row we decided to go somewhere. We just booked Puerto Rico since you don't need a passport and it is an American territory so it felt safe and easy. After buying it through Costco we realized it was the beginning of Hurricane season. We checked and it looked like there were none in the works. We flew out Tuesday and were meant to fly back Saturday morning. But Hurricane Erin began to threaten and looked like it might hit Friday. We were staying at this little peninsula that would be quite dangerous if it hit. It was projected to hit Puerto Rico at first and so we looked to see if we could get out before the happened and we were stuck on the island. We were able o move our flight but we would be leaving at 2 am Friday morning. We went ahead and did it but this meant we would miss our kayak/bioluminescent tour. I did not think what the choppy water I would want to be in a kayak at that point. So we headed to the airport around 11:30 and it was raining pretty good but our plane left on time and got into Houston this morning at 7. We go to our car at 8:45 am and Rick discovered he left his phone on the plane. So he ran back in and we were heading home by 9:15. It was so good to be home and our dogs did great with Wyatt. Rick and I discovered that we are not much for travel. We liked seeing the beautiful island but just the stress of travel and being away from our own comforts we find is not really our jam. I would say that I like the cooler trips better. We loved Ireland and we did love Italy. Not sure is we will be keen to head off anywhere soon! I am very grateful that we made it home safely though. I said lots of prayers along the way!




Comments