 |
| The weekend did not go as planned! |
 |
| He was in a lot of pain here. They were waiting to check him into the ER. |
 |
| First room in the ER. It was bright and only had a curtain to keep the light out. They got another CT scan to compare to the first one and it looked the same which is good. |
 |
| After I ran home Friday morning and showered and went back. I had not a wink of sleep Thursday night. |

So Thursday started off so good. Woke up kissed Rick goodbye and headed off to pick up Wilma for the temple. Betty fell and broke her arm in three places so she won't be joining us anytime soon. Came home and the young women came over for our activity. They made resurrection rolls and while they were cooking the sister missionaries shared an Easter message and video. When they were cooked, the plated them and took them to two of our elderly sisters in the ward. They then came back and got to eat two themselves before they headed home. Just got them off and Rick called at 8:30. He had headed to Houston to walk the site of the match and he was leaving the hotel to head to Austin to get Blake. It was raining hard so he ran to the truck and as he stopped his feet flew out from under him and he went down hard hitting the one side of his head on the mirror on his way down and smacked the back of his head hard! He doesn't know if he lost consciousness but he did not know where he was or what happened for a minute. He sat in the truck for 15 minutes and things became clear and he felt good. He then headed toward Austin to pick up Blake. On the drive he started to get a bad headache and then his ear started to feel funny and started popping a bit. He knew this meant he might have blood behind there and that would most likely indicate a bleed. So he kept driving and went to the ER that he works at. That is where he was calling me from which had me so confused because he was supposed to be in Houston 2 1/2 hrs away. Ryan CT scanned him and there were two brain bleeds on each side of his forehead. So Ryan transferred him to the medical center in round rock. Meanwhile I had to head to Austin to pick up Blake at the airport in the worst rain storm ever. I could barely see the road. I was praying like mad that I would not get in a wreck. Got there and his plane was just circling above because of the storm and they couldn't land. They were almost going to reroute the flight but they were finally able to land at 10:30. I got him and the rain thankfully let up. Ran to Rick's ER and Blake drove Rick's truck home and I took him to the ER in Roundrock. Thursday was rough because we were checked on all night. He would get a bit of sleep in between. I was just in a hard chair but I could not have slept anyway. They moved him to a room with a door. It was still in the ER because they had no beds free. He was assigned to Neuro and Trauma. So both teams kept coming in. They got another CT scan after the 3 am one and that one looked the same too so they were not going to have to do surgery. I had run home that morning and took a shower and changed clothes and headed back. I brought a book to read but Rick needed the room dark so I basically sat all day in a dark room. At 5 they told us he would need to stay one more night so I ran to Popeyes and got him some rice and beans/chicken and an apple pie. He said the rice and pie were the best!. I went home and got him his prescriptions and a new shirt and ran it back to him and then got home and crashed at 8:30. Got up and showered and headed back and they released him at 9:00. Brought him home and then headed to the pharmacy to get his meds. He is doing pretty good as long as he takes the meds! So grateful he did not have to have surgery. His partners are covering his Monday shift and will take his Thursday if he needs them too. I will run Blake to tbe airport today Poor guy did not have the fun weekend he flew out for!
Comments