Checked Out


 Thursday Rick and I were scheduled to go to the temple.  I woke up and around 7 both of my arms started to throb.  Thankfully it was not a day I needed to wash my hair because I would not have been able to blow dry it.  We got ready and headed to San Antonio.  I was praying that it would ease up and I would be able to enjoy the temple.  However, it did not but I was able to make it through even though using my arms during the session was painful.  It lasted pretty intense all day and around 9 that night, Rick gave me some anti nausea medicine and a pain pill which knocked me out.  Woke up Friday and my left hand was numb but other than that I felt ok. Rick wanted to make sure that what he thought it was was the right diagnosis and to rule out anything more serious so he had me come in for a CT scan and heart study.  I have never had either so it was a new experience.  The iodine they put in the IV to take the pictures was the weirdest thing.  You feel warm liquid going through your whole body and it makes it feel like you peed your pants.  Thankfully they told me it would feel this way but that you don't really!  Anyway after that they put these sticky things over me and then did the EKG.  Everything came back fine with no tumors or masses anywhere and my heart looked good.  So I think what he though it was it must be, even though I do not follow exactly the pattern.  My friends husband is a neurologist so I am going to message her to see what the latest treatment is for this.  So far it looks like steroids might help shorten how long you have it and you can take a medicine that if for seizures to help during the acute attacks but not sure. Hopefully it will spread the episodes out and not have them everyday!  

Comments

bethouhumble said…
So very weird! Does Rick know why you might have this?

Popular Posts