With the start of school, I will have Grey Monday to Tuesday night. I will pick him up Monday afternoon and then Tuesday I will take him and pick him up and then run him home that night. He fought me last year when I had to take him but I think if he knows I am picking him up and he is coming back to our house he will be ok with that. When I took him home last week Jorgen opened the door and Grey backed up with fear on his face. Kayla was not home and it was only Jorgen. I did not want to leave Grey there but I have no control on who she leaves him with. I felt sick walking away and heard him crying. He often cries when I leave him but not in fear. I texted Kayla and said what happened and that it really concerned me and that she needed to let me know he was ok when she got home. She said that was odd since he likes Jorgen more than her usually. She thanked me for letting her know and when she got there she asked Grey if he was ok and he said yes and that Jorgen was nice to him. I just hate that I have to worry for him and his safety. I am grateful that I get to see him every week, and I have never seen any evidence of abuse, and I am sure he would tell me. I just hated that sick feeling I had leaving him.
This week I get to go to the temple twice. Thursday I am taking Betty and Wilma for our monthly trip and then Saturday we are going to Dallas to go through with one of Rick's young men that is going on his mission to the Philippines. I love that Rick developed a special bond with these boys as he served with them. One of his priests spoke a couple Sunday's ago and talked about how much Rick impacted his life. He had just moved into our ward and was just going through the basics and struggling a bit but that the bishop reached out to him and invited him to the activity and made sure he had one of the other boys pick him up. He said he then watched out for me during the activity and soon made me his first assistant. He said preparing lessons really made him work on his testimony and get back to the basics and helped his seed of faith grow. I thought it was so sweet. Rick happened to be working so he wasn't there that Sunday but I was able to tell him about it.
We will be attending our new ward for the first time today but we did sign up to clean the church yesterday and so we met several families. They all seem sweet and welcoming. This ward was just created in March! We will be one of the older couples and it is a young family ward for the most part but that will be ok I am sure! We have the Tan's that are our age that moved a month before us into this exact ward. Judy and I served together in the RS presidency when I was called when I first moved into Georgetown ten years ago. I love Judy. She is much more political and liberal than I am but she is such a good person! I am glad that we will still be in the ward together!
The Sigerson's in our last ward are going through the recovery of a heart transplant. It has been quite a challenging time and Nancy sends out a daily recap of the events to Rick and I. Rick has been there medical and spiritual advisor these last several years. Rick got the call early in the morning when he had received the news that they had a heart for them. Rick has been hesitant for them to get one because he had a great quality of life even though he had a heart condition. It had been in remission for the past couple of years and Rick knew how bad a transplant can be. They just were fixated on getting a new heart while he was still fairly healthy to give him the best chance but once you take out the old one there is no going back. They have been in the hospital for 51 days and it has been full of ups and downs. The main thing now is his kidney's have never started functioning since the surgery and he has to have dialysis daily. If they do not wake up he will have that for the rest of his life. That is not a great way to live. Three days out of your week you are hooked to a machine for hours. But Nancy always ends her update with a quote and a scripture and I have loved so many that I am going to type them all in a document to have. Yesterdays was " Piglet noticed that even though he had a Very Small Heart, it could hold a rather large amount of Gratitude." Psalm 118: 1 O give thanks unto the Lord; for he is good: because his mercy endureth forever.
The day before "I"ve seen and met angels wearing the disguise of ordinary people living ordinary lives." Tracy Chapman
Psalms 91:11. For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.
|
Comments