The infamous Lucy Goose

Ellie wrote a book for mom patterned after the life she had with dad.

 
I am actually the tallest girl but not sure why I am the shortest in this picture.  Dave, of course, making a funny face!

Funny face again.  Getting ready to put his pie in the oven.

We all were written into the story and these were the names our geese were called.  

"Sander Gander" almost always wore a hat.  My mom said she liked him to wear it a little off-sides.  His name was the only one that didn't have any correlation...."Sander" just rhymed with "Gander".

"Lucy" rhymed with Goosey and my mom's name is "Lucinda"
"Nora" was a nickname I heard often from friends especially growing up.
"Jo" is Elena's middle name and the name of my mom's sister who she was really close to growing up
"Josie" is complicated....for some reason Nichole was called "Josie" after "Josie Wales"...maybe because she was a bit of an outlaw growing up and always causing trouble? Then somehow "Josie" transformed into "Bosie" which is what she is commonly referred to now.
"Grant" was perfect for Dean because he always fancied himself to look a bit like Cary Grant and I wanted the boys to start with the same first letter
"Gordon" was Dave since we called him "Grinny Gordon" when he was little.
"Ray" was supposed to be Rachel's middle name that she never got since Nichole complained that she was the only one that didn't have a middle name so they decided to not give Rachel one too.

Ellie fulfilled a long dream of hers to write a children's book.  She gave it to my mom this visit and it is so cute and the drawings were amazing.  She gave us all a copy and so that will a fun treasure to share with future generations.  My goose had the earrings on that I wear everyday!  So cute!  

Comments

Popular Posts