Weekly Happenings

I love to watch him sleep. It never gets old
Working out together
Sunday worship at home.  Just the two of us!
Grey came and spent the day yesterday.  I told Kayla I would be gone for the next two weeks and really needed to see him before I left.  We read books, played puzzles, road in his cool jeep, took a walk around the block, played blocks, sung songs, took a bath, went swimming and took two naps.  We have such fun he isn't usually ready to go when it is time.  I have been using my workout room faithfully and I have loved it.  Rick works out with me when he is here and we have always enjoyed doing that. 
Rick has been busy helping out a lady who is 30 weeks pregnant and pretty much homeless.  She was found by a good samaritan in a park and she had been sleeping in the bathrooms.  He put her in a hotel and then was calling all the shelters around trying to find a place for her but they are all booked and she does not have any ID.  That is a huge problem in trying to get help.  He then called a bunch of churches and someone recommended the LDS church.  He was a very tender hearted young man and had done all he could.  Rick called the hotel he had put her in and was able to talk to her on the room phone.  We took her some food, clothes and paid for a few more nights in the hotel.  She is supposed to find a friend or relative that we can take her to, but she hasn't had any luck.  She is one of ten siblings but they are spread out and the one that has taken her in before has not been answering Rick's call.  She needs to get to Houston where she can get an ID so we are trying to get her there but we just don't want to drop her off with no prospects.  It seems she hitch hiked here.  She has had several children but does not have any of them and I do not see any way she will be able to keep this one either.  It is crazy to think that people just live there lives this way with really no plan or any idea where the next meal or bed will come from.  I take for granted so many things in my life!

Comments

bethouhumble said…
Oh my heart goes out to this lady and to this baby and the childhood she must have had herself. How old is she?
Daniels Six said…
Late twenties we think

Popular Posts