Dogs Have a Way of becoming Family!


Max sleeps like this all night.  I would think that he would feel too exposed and vulnerable but he does not.  Today the dogs were out barking like crazy so we looked out and in our way back yard there was this little orange Pomeranian running along our back fence.  I tried to get out there but she squeezed between our iron fence and ran into the next yard which has three huge dogs, thankfully they were not outside.  She then proceeded into the next yard.  I then heard voices calling her name way in the back corner of my yard.  The fence is high so I couldn't see them, but I yelled if they were looking for a little dog and she said yes.  I said we are on Estrella and she has run down a few yards.  Rick and I got in the car and drove down slowly looking for her and a few houses down the little boys in that house had grabbed her.  They gave her to us and we were heading to go to the house behind us when we saw a truck driving slowly and yelling her name out the window.  I yelled out my window that we had her. The mom pulled over and just leaped out of the car and was crying and said thank you, thank you, I could not lose this dog. She said you just don't know what we have been through and what my little son has lost and he could not face losing his dog.  Anyway the little boy was probably ten or eleven and he jumped out of the truck and ran around and thanked us.  I am glad we found her quick because you could tell she was not used to being outside and we have coyotes that would have made quick work of something that small. 

Comments

bethouhumble said…
For some reason that made me cry and I'm not even an animal lover! Wonder what their story is. Domino sleeps like this often too! He actually has several weird positions he sleeps in.

Popular Posts