The boys spent all day Thursday down at Texas Old Town filming some scenes for their movie.  They are trying to get all of Caden's scenes done before he leaves next week.  Rick is in it too so they are all heading down to Michelle's today to use the horses.  I told them they need to be done in the late afternoon so we can go out for Father's Day.    I had Grey on Thursday and he was very clinging.  He wanted me to hold him and snuggle a good part of the day. He loves to watch the nursery rhymes on this one station.  There is this one song about Ten in the Bed and they all roll over and the first one falls out.  He gets all of these cute expressions when he watches it.  He did go swimming and played outside a bit, but he pretty much just wanted me to hold him.  Not sure if he wasn't feeling well or what.  I sure love him and was not complaining. At one point, I came out to the living room and saw a pile of something dark on my carpet.  I thought the dogs threw up or something.  I walked over and it was a baby bird that the dogs brought in.  Gracie runs over and picks it up in her mouth and I tell her to drop it.  I wasn't sure if it was still alive, but I scooped it into the dust pan and it was moving.  I had the baby so I couldn't deal with it so I but it in the bushes in the front yard.  When Rick got home, I had him go check on it and it had moved over to the sidewalk and was really hot.  He gave it some water and picked it up and put it in a bowl with a paper towel.  I read that you can give them soft dog food which I had.  Every 15-20 minutes if you shook the bowl, it would open its mouth super wide and you just put a chuck of dog food in.  I put on our ward facebook page asking if anyone had experience keeping a bird alive and if anyone wanted the challenge.  I got advice and then one lady suggested to rescue places.  One is a husband and wife and they responded right away and they only lived a few miles a way from us.  Rick and I took the baby over there that night.  The husband said he has two about ready to fly and he saw the light at the end of the tunnel, but here we were giving him a new one!  They were very sweet!  I was just grateful that we gave it a good chance of survival and I didn't have to try and keep it alive or watch it die!

Comments

bethouhumble said…
Rick is such a good sport! There is no way Scott (or I) could be talked into being in a film. How fun to have that of your three men though! Will we get to see the end result? So fun they still enjoy doing this together. Crazy about the bird!

Popular Posts